What we do
APLF helps the military children who have experienced a change with one of their parent’s that has been wounded or fallen during service. We provide mentoring, supportive services, advocacy and referrals. We also provide opportunities for the children to participate in activities outside of school that they enjoy while the family recovers and builds stability to adjustment of change.
- Community Resources & Referrals
- Mentorship – Teen blog discussions
- Birthday Recognitions & Angel Anniversaries
- Crisis Intervention & Advocacy
- Military benefit services assistance by a certified Nevada Veterans Advocate.
- Financial Literacy Workshops for parents
- TAPS Peer Mentor (Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors
- Youth Sports
- Educational Enrichment
- Fine Arts
Other Engagement Activities:
- Boys & Girls Club
“Emotions are difficult for children to understand, it’s amazing what sports, fine arts or special activities will do for a child experiencing a traumatic change”
Local companies and organizations in Southern Nevada have made it possible for military families to attend professional sporting and local theme parks, game centers and shows. APLF will offer these special events when presented with opportunities.